Debra Slater is a Principal at SullivanCotter with 20 years of human resources management and consulting experience. Deb has worked with a variety of health care organizations including community hospitals, academic medical centers, integrated delivery systems, pediatric hospitals/systems and large medical groups on physician and advanced practice clinician (APC) workforce issues.
With a focus on team-based arrangements involving both physicians and APCs, Deb works with organizations to optimize provider team performance and align compensation with changing business needs.
Her experience includes:
- Designing physician and APC total compensation programs to align compensation with business strategies including the integration of components to support value-based reimbursement.
- Conducting competitive market compensation analyses and productivity assessments for employed physicians and APCs.
- Identifying and defining organization and individual measures and criteria for incentive and performance management programs.
- Developing due diligence and provider governance processes and documentation.
- Preparing formal opinion letters regarding fair market value and commercial reasonableness of compensation for not-for-profit 501(c)(3) and (c)(4) health care organizations.
Deb’s prior experience includes time as an administrator for a major academic medical center, where she was responsible for the oversight of substantial clinic and inpatient operations as well as salary administration for all practice personnel.
Deb earned her Bachelor of Arts in Communication, magna cum laude, from Georgia State University. She is a frequent speaker at local, regional and national forums on topics related to physician and APC compensation and performance management, and is an active member of World at Work and the American Health Lawyers Association.