Dina M. Unrath is a Principal at Sullivan, Cotter and Associates, Inc. Dina has more than 25 years of public accounting experience and is currently focused on consulting in the health care industry including analyzing physician compensation arrangements and assessing the reasonableness. She is a Certified Valuation Analyst with a specialty in medical practice valuations, including primary care and specialty physician practices, ambulatory surgery centers and multi-specialty group practices.
Dina was formerly with McCrory & McDowell where she managed engagements in auditing and tax and worked as a Manager in the healthcare consulting division, Diversified Medical Management. More recent significant professional and client experience, include serving as Interim Chief Financial Officer for a $30 million human services organization and serving as the Chief Officer of Administration and Human Resources for a regional professional service firm.
Her experience includes:
- Designing and implementing unique strategic physician compensation plans that align the physician practice with their organizations goals and objectives.
- Conducting due diligence analysis to understand the financial and operational performance of medical practices and integrated delivery systems.
- Preparing formal opinion letters regarding the fair market value and commercial reasonableness of compensation provided to employed and contractor physicians of not-for-profit 501(c)(3) and (c)(4) organizations.
- Assisting hospitals and health systems in transitioning from salaried compensation arrangements to productivity-based arrangements for employed physicians.
- Conducting competitive market compensation and productivity assessments for employed physicians.
- Managing and executing multiple projects by overseeing and directing work plans and budgets and managing client relationships.
Dina has a Bachelor of Science degree in business from Pennsylvania State University. Dina’s professional affiliations include the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA), Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM), and the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA).
In addition, she is certified by the Human Resource Certification Institute as a Senior Professional in Human Resources. She is currently on the board for RiverQuest , as Chair of the Finance Committee and Sister’s Place, as Treasurer.