Ed DeLuryea is a Principal at Sullivan, Cotter and Associates, Inc. Prior to joining the Firm, Ed served as a Principal and the Atlanta Retirement Practice Leader for Buck Consultants. Ed has also held leadership positions with other national consulting firms.
With over 25 years of human resources consulting experience, Ed offers an in-depth knowledge of executive benefits, plan design, mergers and acquisitions, compliance management and pension risk management including end-game strategies. Ed’s accomplishments include the following:
- Educating boards, compensation committees and executives on regulations and market trends affecting executive compensation and benefits.
- Preparing formal opinion letters regarding the reasonableness of compensation provided to disqualified persons of not-for-profit 501(c)(3) and (c)(4) organizations (i.e., rebuttable presumption of reasonableness).
- Designing executive benefits strategies and programs, including retirement income and deferred compensation plans, to enable for-profit and not-for-profit organizations to provide market-competitive levels of benefits and to recruit and retain key executives.
- Implementing executive benefits and retirement programs, including the coordination with Clients’ auditors and outside counsel (and other external advisers), plan document review, development of executive communications and consulting on plan administration, reporting and funding issues.
- Providing ongoing support for executive retirement programs, including executive and retirement statements, actuarial benefit calculations and compliance with applicable regulations and tax law.
Ed holds a Bachelor of Arts in both mathematics and economics from Hamilton College. Ed is also an Associate of the Society of Actuaries and a member of the American Academy of Actuaries.