Jeffrey Weisz, MD
Managing Principal and Consulting Physician
Dr. Jeffrey Weisz is a Managing Principal and Consulting Physician at Sullivan, Cotter and Associates, Inc. With over 37 years of combined experience as both a practicing Hematologist-Oncologist and an Executive Medical Director, Dr. Weisz is an accomplished physician leader and a passionate advocate of patient-centered care. His commitment to improving affordable health care through clinical quality, service-oriented and accessible care has earned many of the nation’s highest awards for exceptional health outcomes.
Dr. Weisz’s expertise includes the following:
- Developing physician-led integrated health care strategies
- Advancing physician alignment and engagement in the transition from volume to value
- Evaluating operational requirements to deliver leading clinical quality, an exceptional patient care experience and improve operational efficiency and affordability
- Working with boards and physician leaders on physician compensation strategy, design and compliance issues
- Assisting physicians, administrators and staff in leadership, cultural change, strategic communication and program implementation
- Providing strategic and technical consulting to boards, all levels of management and supporting staff
- Updating clients on health care industry trends
Prior to joining the firm, Dr. Weisz served as the President and Executive Medical Director for Kaiser Permanente Northwest, where he managed over 1,300 physicians serving 525,000 members. He also served as the Executive Medical Director for the Southern California Permanente Medical Group, one of the largest medical groups in the United States, where he led his organization to the top of the nation in a host of patient care performance measures. During his time at Kaiser Permanente, he helped to launch a number of innovative programs and quality and service initiatives aimed at improving access and efficiency, as well as lowering the cost of care.
Dr. Weisz is also the successful author of It’s a Great Time to be a Physician: Building a Healthcare System that Works, which provides health system leaders with both guidance and practical approaches for navigating the changes in the health care industry as strategic imperatives continue to evolve.
He received both his BA and MD from Wayne State University in Detroit, MI before completing his residency at the Henry Ford Medical Center and his fellowship in Hematology-Oncology at the Los Angeles County USC Medical Center.