Joe Levitch is a Principal at Sullivan, Cotter and Associates, Inc. He has more than 35 years of experience as a human resources and compensation consultant.
Prior to joining SullivanCotter, Joe was a Principal of Towers Perrin where he served as a Senior Compensation Consultant in the firm’s health industry consulting practice and as National Practice Leader for physician compensation consulting. He was also a Managing Director of Clark Consulting where he was responsible for the firm’s health care executive compensation consulting practice.
During his career, Joe has worked on and directed numerous engagements in compensation and human resources management. His clients include hospitals and health systems, academic medical centers and faculty practice groups, health care associations and alliances, managed care organizations and physician group practices.
Joe’s experience includes:
- Conducting competitive market studies to benchmark cash compensation levels and practices for executives, physicians and exempt and nonexempt employee groups.
- Designing and implementing executive and physician total compensation programs that include base salary guidelines, annual incentive plans and long-term incentive programs.
- Conducting custom salary surveys of compensation levels and practices for executives and managers, physician executives and staff physicians and exempt and nonexempt employee groups.
- Designing and implementing salary management programs that include pay grades, pay ranges and administrative policies for management, professional, clinical and nonexempt employees and faculty and physician groups.
- Developing comprehensive performance management programs that include performance planning and goal-setting materials.
- Conducting performance planning and goal-setting workshops with executives and managers.
- Creatingvarious group and team incentive plans focused on establishing linkages between quality, productivity, service level and compensation.
- Auditing various compensation programs and practices and assisted in the organizational review of human resources programs and functions.
Joe holds an MBA from the University of Michigan and a BS in civil engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). He is a member of the Corporation Development Committee of MIT and serves on the Leadership Council of the MIT Public Service Center. He is a member of WorldatWork and of the American Society for Health Care Human Resources Administration (ASHHRA).