Mark Ryberg is a Principal in the Physician Workforce Practice at Sullivan, Cotter and Associates, Inc. With nearly ten years of experience in health care consulting, he specializes in developing strategic management and total compensation solutions for hospitals and health systems nationwide.
As health care continues its transition towards value-based care and physician compensation arrangements become increasingly more complex, Mark is committed to helping clients thrive in an ever-changing market. He has extensive background working with a diverse variety of health care organizations, including large multi-specialty clinics, integrated health care systems, academic medical centers, and children’s hospitals, to develop, implement and oversee all aspects of the physician compensation design process.
With a deep understanding and focus on the legal and regulatory requirements surrounding physician compensation design, Mark’s expertise includes:
- Leading the design, implementation and communication of physician compensation programs in the face of an evolving market.
- Working with boards and physician leaders to develop effective compensation strategies that are competitive, compliant and consistent with market dynamics.
- Facilitating fair market value compliance evaluations and assisting in the valuation of professional service agreements across an array of physician specialties.
- Assisting organizations in the merger and acquisition of physician practices.
- Assessing current processes and policies related to the governance of physician compensation, and educating boards and committees on best practices in governance.
Prior to joining the firm, Mark was a Vice President in the Physician Services Practice of INTEGRATED Healthcare Strategies. He was awarded a Juris Doctorate from the University of Minnesota Law School and a bachelor’s degree in biology from the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, Minnesota.