Shannon Ferrari is a Principal at Sullivan, Cotter and Associates, Inc. Before joining the Firm, she was an associate with Towers Perrin, where she specialized in analyzing, developing and administering executive benefits programs, including nonqualified deferred compensation and supplemental retirement programs in not-for-profit health care organizations.
During her consulting career, Shannon provided consulting services to a broad spectrum of health care organizations, from small community hospitals to large complex health systems. She has provided expertise in the following areas:
- Total compensation benchmark analyses for executive and nonexecutive populations.
- Reasonableness opinions for executive populations.
- Salary structure development and implementation costing.
- Communication and implementation of pay programs.
- Compensation technical training for human resources staff.
- Direct survey development, administration and analysis.
- Competitive benefits analyses to summarize and evaluate executive and nonexecutive benefits.
- Nonqualified retirement plan design and funding.
- Costing for executive retirement plan implementation.
- Executive retirement income replacement analysis.
- Retirement administration.
- Complex calculations.
- Special cases that require research and plan document interpretation.
- Benefits statement creation and preparation.
- Valuation of executive retirement plans.
Shannon received her Bachelor of Arts in economics from Bethany College and her Master of Business Administration from DePaul University. She is a member of WorldatWork, by whom she is designated as a certified compensation professional, the Chicago Compensation Association and the Society of Human Resources Management.