PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide support to business users by answering BI related questions and provide guidance and ad-hoc data as required in a timely manner.
- Work with a cross functional team to understand the business issues or identify opportunities and gather BI system requirements.
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements that result in BI reports, analyses and dashboards.
- Apply knowledge of custom database tables to design BI data models by developing simple to complex SQL queries.
- Design and develop complex customer facing and internal business documents using Excel templates.
- Participate in extending, refining and enhancing the firm’s data warehouse.
- Translate business requirements and knowledge of data warehouse to model the physical layer, business metadata manager (BMM) layer and presentation layers in a BI administration tool.
- Maintain established standards throughout the process.
- Follow firm’s change control procedures and perform deployment of BI artifacts.
- Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members as required.
- Design and implement best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 6-8 years of experience with business intelligence concepts working with BI products (e.g., Tableau, Business Objects, Oracle, etc.).
- Strong background in developing complex SQL inquiries.
- Expert data warehouse design and build experience.
- Expert working knowledge and experience with extract, transform, load (ETL)/data integration and development of ETL strategies.
- Expertise in performance-tuning in SQL and BI tool.
- Experience with BI tool modeling layers including presentation, logical and physical mapping data elements from various data sources.
- Experience loading data warehouse objects including dimensions, hierarchies, fact tables, aggregates.
- Experience building the reporting metadata layer.
- Experience with upgrading BI tool versions.
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills with high level of accuracy.
- Experience in working on products that are software as a service (SAAS).
- Experience in the health care industry or a consulting background is beneficial.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to successfully assist with project deliverables in a very driven and changing organization.
- Demonstrates strong critical thinking skills in the ability to apply analytical and proactive thinking in a logical, coherent, and consistent approach to ensure robust, appropriate client solutions.
- Demonstrates a high level of flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to work under tight deadlines or changing needs.
- Demonstrates confidence and ability to work independently as well as in a team structure.
- Demonstrates a strong collaboration orientation with associates across all levels of an organization and within the immediate team.
- Demonstrates a strong level of intellectual curiosity, seeking to understand how the business works.
Applicants for employment must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Sullivan, Cotter and Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.