PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Project Management and Client Relationship Management
- Responsible for: designing or redesigning incentive plans, job evaluations – including salary grade guideline models, creating compensation guidance tools, advising HR business partners on client compensation policies and practices.
- Design and deliver compensation training, work with the HR business partners on reorganizations, job design and redesign, job evaluation and market pricing, exemption status determination, etc.
- Assesses and advises on how to design and administer compensation programs to achieve business goals and effectively manage the workforce. Provides guidance on how to use compensation tools and practices to improve business efficiency and effectiveness.
- Designs incentive plans or alternative reward systems. Responsible for analysis of incentive plan structures – analyzing and evaluating the effectiveness of incentive plans, compensation structures and to identify opportunities to improve alignment and strengthen plan design.
- Oversees the analysis of executive and non-executive salary and incentive structures, evaluates findings, and recommends changes.
- Providing day to day management client relationships (current and new); specifically large, complex client relationships requiring highly seasoned technical expertise and relationship skills.
- Independently responsible for or collaborating in the development and design of complex project management plans.
- Interacting regularly with clients and assisting as a client advisor, including attending project meetings, building and maintaining client relationships and being proactive in anticipating client needs and questions.
- Making appropriate modifications and approving final comprehensive, timely and successful project work plans and sequential steps to address client issues.
- Developing strategic plan design and implementation strategies that address Clients’ needs and provide creative solutions.
- Overseeing the execution and delivery of projects that meet or exceed client expectations.
- Accurately analyzing client needs and expectations to identify and utilize Firm-wide resources and subject matter expertise in maximizing client satisfaction.
- Developing and maintaining strong client retention and high client satisfaction levels over an extended timeframe.
- Managing and mentoring Client Delivery Team (CDT) assigned to project; driving CDT focus on identified client strategies and objectives that contribute to successful performance and the Firm’s competitive advantage.
- Reviewing budget with CDT Leader, monitoring staff hours versus budget; approving client invoicing.
- Leading efforts to ensure that client work is performed consistent with SullivanCotter’s standards, including adherence to the Firm’s quality assurance (QA) policies and procedures.
- Contributing to the development or quality review of Firm-designated tools, processes and methodologies to ensure greater efficiency, higher productivity and greater project quality.
Strategic Marketing, Business Development and Sales
- Generating client consulting opportunities by identifying appropriate business targets; engaging opportunity; executing a strategic sales process and managing the prospect through the prospect intake procedure.
- Expanding current client services by introducing other SullivanCotter Service Offerings to grow client revenue, and identifying prospective project opportunities and client referrals.
- Partnering with Managing Director and Practice Leaders to develop strategies for generating new revenue and expanding the Target Market client portfolio.
- Participating in and contributing to the successful marketing and prospecting activities with SullivanCotter target prospects and other organizations.
- Leading and delegating sales campaigns within the Business Development and Marketing Teams.
- Developing and maintaining client and prospect pipelines to ensure ongoing projects for full staff resource utilization.
- Providing thought leadership for the strategic development of consulting service offerings that address industry trends in the health care and compensation consulting industry.
- Developing third-party professional relationship contacts such as law firms, other consultants, benefits administrators or trustees, and becoming active in local and industry-related associations and networks to drive business growth opportunities.
- Defining gaps in consulting talent to support Practice and client delivery and the skills and experiences needed to close the gap.
- Demonstrating role model behavior in the ability to build and foster a collaborative work environment that improves Associate engagement and attracts and retains valued contributors.
- Fostering collaboration at all levels across the organization and encouraging staff to draw upon each other to work together within and across practice and industry areas and project teams.
- Influencing colleagues at all levels by understanding and adhering to SullivanCotter standards, procedures and approaches.
- Demonstrating a strong market/industry reputation and network of professional contacts that supports building a pipeline of new Clients and potential recruits for SullivanCotter.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Master’s degree in a business-related field, ideally with emphasis in finance, economics, statistics, mathematics, accounting or health care administration; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible consulting and business experience at the Senior Consultant level, involving data analysis, financial modeling, program design or compensation program administration.
- Minimum of four years experience in a human resource (HR) consulting firm or seven years of healthcare corporate experience at the middle to senior management level.
- Minimum of five years experience in compensation or benefits consulting in such areas as base salary structures, incentive compensation and performance management systems; preferably in the health care industry.
- Seven plus years experience in selling management, business or HR consulting projects – in particular projects involving strategy or operational improvement services. Experience in selling consulting solutions to the health care market is a plus.
- Demonstrated industry expertise by keeping abreast of research, new regulatory developments, techniques and innovations. Established membership and participation in health care/business community associations is preferred.
- Ability to establish new client relationships through cold calling, networking and prospecting techniques via research-based tools.
- Solid technical knowledge and experience working with Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Role model problem-solving and critical-thinking skills and the ability to:
- Breakdown complex client issues into manageable parts for systematic application of tailored service offerings that collectively address the larger issue.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively recognize links between complex industry pressures, client business influences and regulatory environmental factors when developing strategic solutions to complex problems.
- Elicit and integrate individual client issues into the context of their total compensation strategy to determine appropriate solutions.
- Demonstrate the ability to successfully assess client risks and benefits and parallel solutions, and effectively weigh the costs, benefits and risks for success in making decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal, coaching, writing, verbal and presentation skills are required, including the ability to:
- Foster an open and effective channel of communication with Clients and across teams that facilitate rapid problem resolution and satisfaction.
- Demonstrate a strong command of business language and industry terminology; can effectively review and guide the communication skills and abilities of more junior staff and can speak with and influence C-level executives and senior management members.
- Serve as a role model in everyday communication and provide constructive feedback that helps other Associates develop personal skills and effectiveness.
- Serve as a role model in presenting effective and best-in-class client proposals, reports and presentations that engage the audience and result in successful projects and new Clients.
- Effectively respond to matters by drawing upon industry knowledge, subject-matter expertise, client research and skills and experiences to effectively manage audience inquiries.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, and ability to manage and execute tasks in a high pressure environment. Project management certification is preferred.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent project management, organizational skills and ability to manage and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to successfully manage and direct complex project deliverables in a very driven and changing organization.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain longstanding relationships with Clients.
- Ability to work effectively with ambiguity.
- Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to work under tight deadlines or changing needs.
- Ability to lead a group and exhibit successful and positive role model behaviors.
- Ability to, and interest in, developing junior staff.
- Intellectual curiosity, seeking opportunities to develop new skills.
Sullivan, Cotter and Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.